Tuesday, March 4, 2014

LOVE IS A CHOICE NOT A FEELING

DO YOU LOVE BECAUSE YOU CHOOSE-TO? Or DO YOU LOVE BECAUSE YOU FEEL-LIKE?   
The subject of LOVE strikes different chords in our mind. Before then, try to picture this standard definition of LOVE.
LOVE means to feel tender affection for somebody such as a close relative or friend, or for something such as a place, an ideal, or an animal”
You would also agree with me that LOVE is a verb, an action/doing word and you’ll further accept that “LOVE to some people has to do with “lovers”, some friends and family and for a peculiar sect GOD. Whichever you belong to, the GUIDING PRINCIPLES OF LOVE still remains THE SAME.
I asked a question earlier and I’ll give you a personal answer, before this write-up, my LOVE life was certainly based on “FEELINGS”, at least that was how I saw it. But after much studying and meditation, I realized that was the reason why I always had quarrels/issues/problems with people; everything I did was because I “FELT” like doing it. As I type this, am still in the process of learning to LOVE base on CHOICE and not “FEELINGS”.
What struck me most was when I took a case study of GOD’S LOVE LIFE, and I realized, oh my!!! God don try 4 us die joor {Nigerian pidgin language meaning God has really done a lot for us}, I then decided to picture this; what if GOD’S LOVE LIFE was based on feelings? Wow! I would have been 6ft below Ground level.

“For God so LOVED the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so ever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life ”_john 3:16

Or imagine that for every sin you commit as a guy, God takes away 5% of your sex drive and finance? Or as a lady God gives you 5(five) black acne on your four head?
How disgusting would the world be? Wow! Now that’s what we would call  “classic horror”.

“In that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us”
“IT IS DIFFICULT TO DEMONSTRATE/SHOW LOVE WHEN YOU FEEL LITTLE OR NO MOTIVATION, BUT LOVE IN ITS TRUEST SENSE IS NOT BASED ON FEELINGS, BUT A DETERMINATION TO SHOW THOUGHTFUL ACTIONS EVEN WHEN THERE SEEMS TO BE NO REWARD"

CHOOSE to LOVE your friends & family today, CHOOSE to LOVE your spouse, CHOOSE to LOVE your neighbor, CHOOSE to LOVE you employer/employee, CHOOSE to LOVE GOD, CHOOSE to LOVE ME.



Until next post, yours sincerely,
 #ThatFavouredOnlineGirl #TheQueensBanquet

What are your thoughts about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment